Timoney 87150 Series ISAS Off-highway
Timoney developed the world's first independent suspension for Airport Rescue Fire Fighting (ARFF) trucks in the 1970’s and in the decades since has continued to lead the evolution of Independent Suspension systems for off-highway trucks. Notable milestones include the Timoney suspension system for the P 23 8x8 ARFF, the first USAF fire truck to have independent suspension. In 2000, Timoney introduced the latest stage in this evolution, the 87150 Series ISAS - rated as one of SAE Off-Highway’s Top 20 Products for 2004.
Designed to achieve
- Fully independent, double wishbone suspension.
- 16” (400 mm) wheel travel negotiates the roughest terrain while maintaining traction on all wheels.
- Double reduction driven axle and planetary hub in a range of ratios
- Knorr/Bendix full air disk brake with 17” brake disk for maximum stopping power. ABS compatible.
- All axles steerable with a maximum lock angle of up to 38°.
- Final-drive and through-drive axles for 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 and 10x10 configurations.
Built to perform
- Weight rating 21-29,000 lbs. (9,500-13,125 kg).
- Steel coil springs with dual rate to optimise ride and handling. Koni heavy-duty dampers with hydraulic stops
- Rugged cast components absorb off-road impacts.
- Mounts onto box section and channel section truck chassis.
- Fits 24R21, 395/85R20, 23.5R25 tyres. Others available on application.
- Lockable cross and through differentials tackle rough or wet terrain with confidence. ADM compatible.
- Central Tyre Inflation System (CTIS) capability prevents bogging down.
Tested to endure
- Tested on purpose-built Timoney suspension test rig
- Tested on ARFF vehicles and 8x8 rigid trucks.
Final-drive and through-drive axles for 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 and 10x10 configurations.